I know there has been some confusion regarding vaccination sites in the constituency for those eligible for Covid and/or flu vaccinations. I have been in contact with the Sussex NHS Integrated Care Body (the NHS body responsible for the vaccine rollout locally) who have provided me with the following information:
- Blue Coats Sports Centre at Christ’s Hospital School on Sundays for patients registered at GP practices in the Horsham Collaborative Primary Care Network, these being:
- Village Surgery
- Courtyard Surgery
- Rudgwick Medical Centre
- Cowfold Surgery
- Holbrook Surgery on Saturdays and Sundays for patients registered with GP practices in the Horsham Central PCN, these being:
- Park Surgery
- Orchard Surgery
- Riverside Surgery
- Holbrook Surgery
- Satellite clinics from Billingshurst Surgery on Saturdays for patients registered with GP practice in the Chanctonbury PCN, these being:
- Henfield Medical Centre
- Steyning Medical Practice
- Glebe Surgery (Storrington)
- Billingshurst Surgery
- Patients registered at Ouse Valley Practice and Crawley Down can attend vaccination clinics at Clair Hall, Haywards Heath and a satellite site at East Grinstead Rugby Clinic.
Bookings for these sites are available via local booking systems and the National Booking System. Apart from Billingshurst which is arranging clinic appointments through the GP practices in the PCN and are therefore not on the National Booking System.
Each of these services are offering co-administration of Covid-19 and Flu vaccinations for patients who are registered at one of their PCN GP practices. This is because flu vaccinations are ordered and funded at a Practice level; for this reason, only patients registered at a practice within the PCN for the specified local vaccination site can be offered a flu vaccination. Patients registered outside the PCN are advised to follow guidance from their own GP practice regarding flu vaccination.
Overall uptake of the vaccinations has been good with more than half of those eligible coming forward for their vaccination.
I would encourage anyone who is eligible for their Covid and/or flu vaccine to come forward and get vaccinated as soon as possible. Nationally the number in hospital with the flu is three times higher than the peak seen last winter despite it only being the start of the flu season.
If anyone who is eligible is having difficulty getting a Covid or flu vaccine then please do not hesitate to get in contact with me. You can either use the contact page on my website or email me on email@example.com