I am regularly contacted by constituents concerned about the future of our planet and our environment. I am proud of the work the Government is doing to commit us to net zero, leading the world in combatting climate change and I always appreciate constituents taking the time to contact me on these issues.
I am equally delighted by the immense efforts being taken locally to tackle climate change. Some of our the fantastic initiatives include:
- Greener Living Network: Sussex Green Living who run the Sussex Hub on the last Saturday of every month 10-2:30pm at the United Reform Church. Included in the hub is the popular Repair Café and refill station for personal and household cleaning products.
- Horsham Community Fridge who help to stop food waste. More information about their sessions can be found on their Facebook page: Horsham Community Fridge - Home | Facebook
- BilliGreen who run Billingshurst’s network for nature and the environment which includes a plastic recycling point and organising village litter picks. More information about the group can be found on their Facebook page: BilliGreen | Facebook
- The Crawley Down and Turners Hill Repair café meets on the 4th Saturday of the month and offers minor repairs. More information can be found here: Crawley Down Village (2022) | The Crawley Down & Turners Hill Repair Café
- Repower Balcombe create clean community energy. More information can be found here: Home - REPOWER Balcombe
I am always interested in meeting local groups tackling climate change to hear what they are doing locally and how they think the Government can help.
Please see below for regular updates on making Horsham green.